THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
A kid in my martial arts class suggested I crack open David Deangelo “Double Your Dating.”
I was at the end of my rope in 2008. I remember thinking “Man, things must be pretty bad in my love life if I’m turning to an ebook for the right answers…”
My frustration with understanding women was sky-high and my confidence in myself was bottoming out.
So I dropped $14.95 and cracked it open…
I couldn’t believe the things I started to read…
It goes something like this…
Name: Double Your Dating
Length: 148 Pages
Teacher: David Deangelo
Company: Double Your Dating
You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know
The first 30 pages of David Deangelo “Double Your Dating” were murder on my soul.
I was doing everything with women wrong. It was so bad that I had to find some things I was doing right just so I could save face with myself…
David would call it being a wussy. I was the King of the Wussies!
He gets into the psychological and even biological elements of why men behave like a wussy with women. I started to feel a little better when he got deeper into the history and evolution of it.
After all, I couldn’t blame myself for evolution.
But how come it took me until age 27 to realize how massive my problem with women was??
Learning From The Guys Who Know
David’s writing style is very much a “tough love” approach. It’s also very informal and personal. I know he was speaking truth and genuinely trying to help guys like me. That kept me reading.
It turns out us guys will tell ourselves just about anything when it comes to our (un)success with women!
Looking back, this was certainly the case with me. I remember going on dates that went terribly. When I’d reach out and call or text the girl a couple of days later, 98% of the time she’d never get back to me.
But, in my mind, she was just busy. Or she was maybe just getting out of a relationship and didn’t want to dump her baggage on me…
We can get super creative with these excuses, can’t we??
So for me, this ebook opened up a deep wound of realization. It forced me to acknowledge my sincere lack of understanding of what I was actually communicating to women.
It became my catalyst for change and I was really hoping he could continue to deliver the goods…
The Expectations Of An Ebook
Clearly, this information had been around for a while. I had heard David’s name mentioned at the gym and my martial arts class I was taking.
But stubbornly, I was like “Nah. I’m good.”
I’ll admit, back in 2008, I was hoping David Deangelo “Double Your Dating” was going to be a *magic bullet* to get me tons of dates with women.
To a moderate extent, is was. But only with a crap-ton of work put in after finishing it and a few of his other programs.
The ebook is set up very much like a college survey course. It begins with a broad overview of the topic, then as the course progresses, it breaks down more into the details behind each subtopic.
Specifically with “Double Your Dating,” it breaks down into three main buckets:
1. How to think about success with women (mindset)
2. How to communicate with women (application)
3. Exactly, what when & HOW (specific examples)
I’ve obviously went through this program within the past few days for the purposes of reviewing it here. It is a massive undertaking to cover all of these areas effectively in just one course…
But my refresher on David Deangelo “Double Your Dating” reminded me of what I eventually discovered back in 2008…
David packs value into every crevasse of his programming. “Double Your Dating” end up being the perfect appetizer.
The Biggest Drawbacks To The Course
There are a few things that could have been done much better with this course:
1. Firstly, “Double Your Dating” is an ebook, not a video series. It’s one of two courses that don’t involve him presenting in person on the topic, but rather in long-form writing. Updating this course as a video series may certainly be a great upgrade, especially for 2018 audiences.
2. Secondly, some of the material hasn’t been updated and can feel dated. You can tell most sections have been updated over the years, specifically to address things like evolving technology.
Let’s be clear: the concepts themselves are timeless. But reading about how to use “America Online” and “IMing” versus texting a woman could have been addressed in a few sections.
3. Thirdly, some of the female approach tactics are a bit cheesy. This is a more personal preference thing for me more than anything.
For example, I’d never whip out a coin and start doing magic tricks, even if women do find it endearing. But some of the hand reading techniques and things are great for making “kino” contact with her.
4. Lastly, David can tell some really terrible jokes. Again, I feel this is just a personality difference, but he’s able to make his points clearly, which is the most important thing.
If you can see past some of these items and realize you’re about to get a wealth of knowledge for only paying $14.95, I feel the negatives start to fall by the wayside relatively quickly…
David Deangelo Double Your Dating Is More Than A Catchy Title
David Deangelo “Double You Dating” makes a very smart move in the beginning of the course. He attacks the mindset of the “wussy” and compares it to that of a confident man who’s always in control.
From there, the *crown jewels* of this course really come to the forefront:
1. Beautiful Women Hold Contempt For Weak People – David cuts right into a typical day for a beautiful woman and what she’s used to hearing from “weak” men who immediately give up their power to her.
The specific examples of how to stand out and throw her out of a state of rejecting you were unique and eye-opening.
2. With Looks Aside, It’s How You Make Her FEEL – It was interesting to learn why men approach women “safely.” They don’t want to upset her in any way, so they play it safe and talk about boring stuff.
He goes into detail about sparking attraction in her within a few seconds and how to amplify that attraction with every exchange with her.
3. Escalating To The Physical Stuff – Sure, the order of words and how you say them are important. But how can you take that and transition it into a kiss and escalate from there?
Fortunately, Chapter 9 attacks this subject very well. I was actually expecting to have to pay much more that $15 to get specifics on this subject alone.
4. Logically How To Progress Your New Knowledge – Going through a course like this can be overwhelming to some. Toward the end of the ebook, he makes suggestions on how to immediately start implementing the material with women in the real world.
He also makes logical suggestions of which other courses to try to expand your knowledge, including “Sexual Communication,” which is another course I review on this site.
Final Thoughts on David Deangelo Double Your Dating
This is definitely a “don’t judge a book by its cover” kind of course. It certainly isn’t much to look at from the outside.
But one thing happens within the first 50 pages: a shift in mindset.
Striking out with women can do terrible damage not just to your ego, but also to your mental health. If you find yourself doing the same thing over and over with little to no results in the dating department, then it’s time for true change.
I had to tell myself this constantly when I was re-educating my brain for success with women: “It’s OK. You don’t know what you don’t know.”
David Deangelo “Double Your Dating” will begin to open up a door that’s been largely closed to us for many years: making sense of women. When you have a biological and psychological context of women over the course of history, things start to make A LOT of sense.
Here’s how David describes “Double Your Dating”…
If you’d like to learn more about purchasing David’s ebook for just $14.95, click here to go directly to his site.